You've probably never heard of me. That's okay. You're here. That's a start.
Why do I want to be the Mayor of Provo? The simplest answer is: Because I love Provo.
Maybe that same love is why you're here reading this. You want to make a decision that is going to be best for you and your city. I think this is a great place. It is a fun city. It's big and small. You can drive 10 minutes in any direction and it's totally different. But you know that, you live here!
So then, why Caleb Reeve for Mayor? I believe in myself and I think I would be good at it. That's it!
Here are a few reasons I think I would make a great Mayor:
- I'm not a politician. I don't want to be one. I would bring a fresh take on the whole system, a new perspective, a different approach.
- I understand what it is to just be a normal citizen. I have a job. I work hard. I'm frustrated that the electricity bill keeps going up, the water bills go up, the fees go up. But what am I getting in return?
- I'm not in anyone's pocket. No one owns me and I don't want their money.
- Availability. My desire is to be among the other citizens of Provo and hear their stories. I plan to make time to meet with everyone who wants to share.
- I'm a reasonable person. I am teachable. I'm open to having my mind changed. I recognize that I'm not going to be the smartest person in the room, and I'm fine with that! I'm willing to listen to ideas, learn and research, and then make informed decisions.
- I won't tell you what you want to hear just because I thinks it's what you want to hear.
That's probably a good starting point. Stay tuned because I will be addressing more topics as the campaign goes on. In the mean time, feel free to contact me on the socials, email, or phone. I have a job so sit tight as I do my best to balance work/life/politics!